San Clemente Girls Softball
updated February 8, 2008
Safety rules prohibit players from wearing any jewelry at any time during practices or games.
Sportsmanship : NO derogatory cheers will be tolerated.
Remember: We teach by example.
All rules contained in the current ASA official rule book relative to the administrative and playing rules, which apply to the 12U Division, except where modified herein, shall apply.
1. Ball – 12”
2. Pitching Distance – 40’
3. Bases – 60’
4. Dropped 3rd strike rule is in effect.
5. Stealing of all bases is allowed, runners must slide or avoid to prevent collisions.
6. Time limit – No new inning after 1 hour and 30 minutes. New inning starts as soon as last out of previous inning is made.
7. Four (4) innings are needed for an official game. A regulation game is seven (7) innings.
8. Entire team is placed in the batting order.
9. A minimum of eight (8) players are needed to avoid a forfeit. Players arriving late are placed at the bottom of the batting order. Both coaches prior to the start of the game agree upon early departures.
10. Three (3) outs or the five-up rule shall constitute a half (1/2) inning. The Five-Up rule means only five (5) runs may be scored in any half of any one inning. Open scoring after (4) four complete innings.
11. Mercy Rule – 10 runs ahead after 4 innings is in effect.
12. ALL TEAMS MUST PITCH MORE THAN ONE PITCHER. No team is allowed to pitch the same pitcher the entire game: 4 innings played- 3 innings maximum pitched by any one pitcher; 5 or 6 innings played- 4 innings maximum pitched by any one pitcher; 7 innings played- 5 innings maximum pitched by any one pitcher.
13. Infield fly rule will be used.
14. All team members, who are present at the beginning of a regulation game, shall play a minimum of two (2) full defensive innings during the first four innings of play unless injured.
15. All players must keep shirt tails tucked into their shorts and jackets must be buttoned/zipped up if worn. Caps, if worn, shall be worn appropriately with the brim facing the front.